Grow Your Brand Awareness With Live Video Streams
3 min read | Posted Apr 24, 2017
One of the latest trends on social media is videos, specifically live video streaming. Platforms like Twitch and YouTube have shown how successful a person or business can be with good content and businesses are learning how they can better engage with their customers. Live video streaming on social media platforms such as Facebook Live and Twitter’s Periscope mean you can make quality, engaging content sent right to your followers instantly. Here’s a quick guide on how you can use this new trend to increase your brand awareness.
Broadcast Business Events Live
If you are holding a launch party, conference, or other event that clients, customers, or peers in your industry will be attending, you can help raise awareness both for the event itself and your brand with live video streams. Here are some ways to do it:
- Set up — use live streams to share you setting up parts of the event ahead of time
- Interviews — live stream interviews with key guests or speakers
- Teasers — if you are launching a product or showcasing something exciting or new stream teasers of it
- Live event stream — you can also set up live streams for parts of the event for people who couldn’t attend
This is a great way of generating interest in the event and can showcase the personality and identity of your company, which are both keys to your branding. When done right, they are highly effective at connecting with customers and clients for your event that can transfer to general interest in your business.
Showcase Your Products & Services
When a potential customer who is ready to convert into a lead or sale starts looking into your business, one of the main things they want is to know as much about your product or service in which they’re interested. Here are some ideas for how to use live video streams to engage with these customers:
- Creation — people love videos of products being made, assembled and so on
- Demonstration — showing as much about how your product or service works can convince a customer to convert with you
- Reviews — if your business sells products from multiple brands as a non-franchised dealer you can live stream reviews of your favorites
These sorts of videos help engage with a customer’s curiosity and need for information. If you use them wisely, you can establish yourself as an expert and a source for information of your sorts of products and services. This can be a great brand identity to cultivate as a means to attract current and future customers to your business.
Engage With Potential Customers
There are other ways that you can use live video streams to connect and engage with your followers and potential customers. You can use live video streams for things like the following:
- Interviews — with customers in your store or with other industry experts
- Contests — launch and update contests encouraging followers to make their own great videos with the best winning the contest
- Q&As — hold question and answer live videos with other industry experts or customers to answer what your customers want to know
The key here is to give these live videos the personality and flair that you want to have people associate with your business—a key component of your brand’s identity. You should already know if you want to be thought of as capable and professional, as fun and personable, or something else.