Posted on September 28, 2021 | Category SEO | Length 2:03
So you’ve heard the jargon but what really goes into a Local SEO Campaign?
As a refresher, Local SEO is the process of optimizing a businesses’ visibility in a specific geographic area. Commonly it’s the city the business is located in but it can be dictated by other factors.
Local SEO is not new, however, with the advancement of search engines like Google that use geolocation as one of the primary search factors (especially on mobile devices), it’s a powerful piece to add to your marketing portfolio.
The common parts of a local SEO plan are:
• Improving Business listings (also known as business citations) for accuracy and to help increase links back to your website, which can help with overall authority.
• Optimizing your Google My Business Page. While Google isn’t a data aggregator…yet. Its sheer volume of searches per second makes it important to assure your GMB profile is up to date and even frequently updated.
• And speaking of frequently updated…asking for Google reviews is another important aspect of any local SEO plan because the power of the review is real.
A few other ways to boost your local SEO authority are:
• Setup a mailing campaign to your geographic area. A great way to do this is using EDDM which uses mail carrier routes so you don’t need a list.
• Write blogs. By writing about your customers’ concerns and experiences it not only shows you understand them but also how to solve their problems. Oh and by using keywords targeted to your geographic area in it, can help generate more search results for your business.
Long story short, Local SEO is meant to help build authority in your business’ preferred location and can be accomplished in many different ways but these are just a few to get you started.