How To Choose the Right Colorado Springs SEO Company
7 min read | Posted Oct 31, 2022 | Updated 4 weeks ago
You understand how vital excellent search engine placement is to land new contracts, but you might wonder how much of the work you can do yourself and at what point you should hire a professional SEO agency.
Top of mind during your quest for the right SEO partner may also be to understand:
- How much does it even cost to hire an SEO company in Colorado?
- Is it worth it to hire one for your small business’s search engine optimization needs?
- Can you trust that they will be implementing the right work to improve your rank positions without charging you an arm and a leg?
Many small businesses that have tried to hire an SEO agency before have departed the relationship feeling taken advantage of and having gained less than expected. You still see the potential your business has to rank more prominently on search engines to drive traffic, it’s just a matter of finding a good SEO consultant and agency team to improve your business’s rank positions.
Red Flags to Watch For
- Bold guarantees and promises. If an SEO consultant is promising you specific rank positions and results, be wary.
- Short turn-around times for results. Often this can mean the SEO agency or service provider is using some form or combination of “black-hat” SEO techniques, which you should avoid like the black plague.
- Offerings that tout services that are really done automatically by search engines already (like indexing fresh content).
- Backlink based SEO that is not tied to an organic content and PR outreach strategy. Most commonly this is touted as your ability to purchase backlinks.
- A one-size-fits-all approach.
- Low cost SEO when compared to other SEO agencies.
Positive Signs to Watch For
- “Results will vary” types of phrasing when describing work done and results garnered for various clients. While in the moment this may sound like a bad sign, the nature of SEO results varying based on the competitive landscape and the unilateral dictates of search engines means SEO consultants are constantly in situations of adapting to a changing landscape. A good SEO partner will make that reality clear to you before you sign on for any services.
- Cohesive SEO tactics that build on an authentic content strategy designed to be helpful to your website visitors. When the rubber meets the road it’s your customers spending money that is driving your business forward, so the SEO strategy should be aligned to your customer acquisition strategy, and not just based on vanity metrics.
- Educating you about the ongoing nature of SEO work. SEO is not a set-it-and-forget-it kind of solution; at the same time, there’s a reasonable amount of ongoing SEO work to pay for that will move the needle without going overboard on items that are nice to check off a list, but won’t really move the needle for your rank positions enough to justify the cost.
What Makes a Great SEO Agency?
A good SEO agency will get you results, but you may not feel you understand what is going on each step of the way. A great SEO agency is one that not only can get you good results but cares enough about you and your business to clearly communicate important information and provide you with transparent reporting.
A good SEO agency will get the work done, but a great SEO agency will work to establish an enduring relationship with you and your team, so much so that you will know you can call on them in time of dire digital situations, like this one.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire An SEO Agency
SEO solution costs can vary widely, depending on the size of your company’s digital footprint, the scope of technical, local, and content based SEO you’re planning to invest into, the experience of the agency with your specific business type, and similar factors.
How to Hire An SEO Company
Start by interviewing the agencies on your consideration list to assess their character as an agency, to understand their personalities, and to ensure that you are going to be working with a team that is sticking around for years to come.
Businesses with local clients want someone in their area because there is a level of familiarity with local culture that lends itself to addressing long-tail search interests and colloquial perspectives better.
If you sell online globally, or if you run a crew operating in a limited service area, hiring an SEO agency near you offers benefits such as being in the same time zone and meeting in person when necessary.
There are several great vendors to choose from in Colorado Springs, and our SEO experts at Third Angle will be the first to point you towards another SEO provider when our agency is not going to be the right fit for your needs. Here are some Colorado Springs based SEO companies to evaluate (in no particular order):
- Third Angle
- Mountain Air Marketing
- Infront Webworks
- Illuminate Marketing
- Reputation Resolutions
- Social SEO
- Succeeding Small
Many of the SEO agencies you’ll interview offer similar strategies for achieving positive SEO results. The differences will primarily surface in exactly HOW to go about tactically achieving results for the similar strategies and what level of access you have to their implementation teams.
Why Third Angle for SEO Services?
Okay, you may think we’re a bit biased, but there’s a reason that we expanded our service offerings to include Local SEO services years ago. It was because our existing print and website clients were struggling to find a worthwhile agency that they could afford to help with their SEO.
To fill that void for our customers, we educated ourselves on current SEO best practices, created systems to stay up to date on the ever-evolving SEO landscape, and created standard operating processes to deliver high quality search engine optimization results for clients of all sorts and stripes.
For example, applying local SEO tactics improved website traffic 80% for one Colorado Springs insurance agency. We achieved these results for this local insurance agency by:
- Implementing proven steps to get your business listed at the top of Google search results
- Optimizing this client’s Google Business Profile
- Cleaning up and optimizing citations
- Helping this client gain new organic search traffic by providing strategic content marketing plan of topic recommendations
- Implementing improved website performance through tactical Technical SEO optimizations
- Providing recommendations for leveraging social media more effectively to increase visibility across the web
We’ve achieved positive results for various kinds of service businesses, e-commerce businesses, and non-profit organizations, including the Garden of the Gods.
You won’t be charged outrageously up-charged monthly fees to merely be set you up on an automated program that you could just setup yourself either. You’ll reap the benefits of our hands and minds putting right Technical SEO elements on your website and Local SEO aspects of your digital presence to improve your search engine rank positions from a united front.
If you’re looking for an experienced Colorado SEO firm, our team at Third Angle is worth a first and second glance. Originally opening our doors in 1982 we’ve grown, shifted and pivoted our offerings to address client needs over the past 40 years. We are located in the heart of the Springs, just south of Austin Bluffs and Academy; feel free to swing by and say hello.